When you are planning a wedding, there are several elements to decide on the venue, the food, the accommodation and, of course, the entertainment. It is no use renting one of the best wedding halls in Chennai if the entertainment is lacking or inadequate. It is the music that makes sure your guests enjoy the festivities as much as possible. A good song selection and an incredible DJ ensures that every invitee leaves the celebration with unforgettable memories.
Add Elegance & Style to your party at Chennai Convention Centre. The best marriage hall in Chennai with 500 to 1000 seater with air conditioned rooms.
- Prime Location
- Spacious Outdoor Lawn
- Car Parking
- Power backup
- Banquet hall
- AC Guest Rooms
So, we have embarked to let you know why corporate events and venues for such events are actually needed in Chennai. Do take a look.
Also Read: TIPS TO CHOOSE THAT PERFECT WEDDING VENUE IN CHENNAI!
While a live band is an option for entertainment at a wedding, nothing matched a DJ. One reason is the lack of awkward silence as one song changes to another. The other is guest requests. A DJ can crossfade into any song the guests’ request. Plus, the couple can create a custom playlist for the DJ to play, bringing a personal touch to the celebrations!
How To Search For The Best DJ?
Most wedding halls and venues have a list of DJs for couples-to-be but don’t limit yourself to them. Create a more comprehensive list and then pick the one that best fits the bill by using these five tips:
- The internet is heaven for everything, including a wedding DJ. Do a web search and shortlist all the names who primarily perform in weddings. These DJs are aware of the ins and outs of the various wedding functions and what music they need. Furthermore, wedding Disc Jockeys are great as emcees and to make announcements.
- Another method of finding options is to ask the wedding hall vendors to give you referrals. Since they are in the wedding business, they will have the right contacts. One last route to finding a good DJ is to search at local clubs. They may not be experienced at providing music for weddings, but they are excellent at dance music. Plus, they can be slightly lighter on the wallet. The ideal option, though a pricey one, would be a professional, club DJ who also has wedding experience.
Now that you have a list of DJs, the second step is to hear samples of their work. The sample should be from a previous wedding, but it can be:
- A recording of a live performance
- A mixtape
- A sample playlist
- Keep the quality of the music and the variation in songs in mind while hearing the samples. The one you hire should have a balance between quality and price.
- Find out if the DJ is okay with playing a playlist that you or your guests may provide at the D-Day. A lot of guests have requests during the celebration, and a DJ who is not ready to accept them would bomb the entire event.
- Find out what techniques the DJ uses to get the party going. Sometimes even the best music can fail to get the invitees pumped up. To engage the crowd, the DJ has to participate actively. Therefore, find out how they plan to get reluctant guests on the dancefloor. Also, be clear if the DJ will be ready to make announcements or act an emcee when required.
Which DJ you finally choose depends upon the kind of musical environment you want to create. If you want an excited, ready to party feel, then a club DJ experienced in fast-tempo songs will be best. If you want a more mellow environment, then a DJ experienced in intimate weddings would be best. Finding a DJ is not a hard task. The problem is finding a DJ that has the same taste in music as you and willing to adhere to rules like the “do not play” list. (The list is a set of songs; they the couple would not prefer playing at the wedding or reception.)
Is A DJ Mandatory In A Wedding?
The beauty of wedding halls in Chennai is the audio equipment. They come equipped with every gadget you can think of to blast music or play videos. It means you don’t need to hire a wedding DJ in Chennai to get the celebrations going. All you require is a set of playlists customised for each part and ceremony of the wedding.
You can simply plug in the playlist on the AV equipment at the wedding hall and hit play. The songs will crossfade into each other automatically. If you are a bride or a groom who is particular about the music, then you can put a family member in charge of the music.
On the other hand, you can ask the wedding reception venue in Chennai if they have a technician at hand for the same. The person can take care of all song requests and ensure that no guests touch the equipment. Whether you pick a DJ or not for the wedding is not important. What is crucial is that everyone at the wedding should have fun!